For my engagement party I wanted to add a few one of a kind decorations to the mix. I searched Pinterest high and low looking at hundreds of pins until I came across the cutest wreaths. Want to know what they were made out of!?!?!
I kid you not. They looked so cute and I knew they were just what I needed. So I headed to the craft store to gather the few materials needed and got to creating.
Here is what you’ll need|
- One hula hoop
- A can of spray paint in your desired color
- Artificial vine with flowers attached (you can also add extra individual flowers like I did for added fullness)
- Jewelry or floral wire
- A piece of foam poster board to carve out the name or word you wish
- A hot glue gun and glue sticks
- A large piece of glitter craft paper
Hula Hoop Wreath Steps|
- First I spray painted the hula hoop with my bright gold spray paint that I picked up from my local craft store.
- Once the paint was dry I took my vine and wire and wrapped a little more than half the hoop with the vine. I also added a few extra, big white flowers to make the wreath look fuller.
- While I was putting the wreath together, Ethan was writing out my soon to be last name and cutting it out with an exacto knife.
- After he was done with the name, I took a glue stick and glued the name to the back of an ultra glittery piece of glitter craft paper. To make sure it really stuck, I then took my hot glue gun to the few places that need a little extra help sticking together. If you did not want to do this step you can always spray paint your name or word.
- Once the name was put together, I hot glued the name to the edge of hula hoop (MAKE SURE WHEN YOU ARE CUTTING OUT THE NAME THAT IT IS LARGE ENOUGH TO BE GLUED TO THE SIDES!)
- That is it! To hang this wreath up we just placed it on a nail we had on our deck. You can also use twine or a color complimenting string.
I hope you enjoyed this quick little tutorial. You can also head to our youtube channel where I put up the DIY video that accompanies this tutorial!